Tuesday, August 4, 2009

I Miss My Honey

Bryan is at scout camp and I am home....I would say alone, but I'm not really alone because the boys are tucked snugly in their beds. But, it is late...and Bryan is gone...and I am baby hungry with no one to talk to, so I am going to blog.

The thing is....I really need a baby. The baby hungries are gnawing away at me like crazy today!

Adoption is awesome and awful all at the same time. Awesome because families are created and it is beautiful and amazing. Awful because of the paper work, and the homestudies, and having to prove that you are a fit parent, when any other Tom, Dick or Jane that could get babies the old fashioned way, never have to prove anything. Ok, so Tom and Dick probably aren't going to be getting pregnant any time soon, but you get the idea. Awful because of the unknown and the uncertainties. Awful because of the waiting and wondering. Both awesome and awful because we could be, and probably are, expecting at this very moment and we don't even know it!

Ok. That's it. Thanks for listening....I just needed to vent. Venting is good. I should do it more often, maybe that way it wouldn't build to bursting, to blowing up, to crazy rants. Yeah, venting is good.

Please come quick little one. We are counting the days until we meet you. And some days are long, so please come soon.

2 comments:

kimM said...

Hi Amanda,
I just saw your link from ml's blog. Looks like you are all having fun and keeping busy. My sister has submitted another profile and is anxiously waiting for a little one also.

Wakely got 10 bucks for her birthday and got to pick whatever she wanted at the store. She picked "Spirit" because she loved watching it so much at Amanda's house. I thought it was cute YOU (not your kids) made such an impression on her.

Hope you are having a great day.

Laura said...

Thanks so much for watching McKenna around the same time you published this post. :) I'm sure that really helped with the baby hunger. :/ You're such a good friend!